2. Directional Orientation-spatial and directional orientation underlie in all aspects of perception- visual. auditory, tactile and kinesthetic.
3.Maturation- lag in the maturation of the brain part neopallium can slow down intellectual and emotional development.
4. Intelligence- mental aptitude is considered a crucial factor in reading growth and development
5. Visual Auditory Efficiency-Visual and auditory acuity are basic to success in reading.
6.Language Proficiency- linguistic factor is a major importance in the acquisition of reading power.
7. Perception and Conceptualization- ability to perceive and conceptualize is essential in the acquisition of and growth in reading skills.
8. Listening Comprehension- listening and reading are both receptive acts which are requisites to comprehension.
9.Personality and Emotional Factors-personality traits. emotional condition and reading achievement shape instructional procedure to a great extent.
10. Environmental factors- conditions related to personal relations, intragroup relation, home condition contribute to progress or failure in reading skills.
11. Socio-economic status, mobility, education and attitudes of parents, home conditions, some school variables and general physical condition.